Sunday, November 23, 2008

Generic Man! (or Joe, not the friggin’ plumber, Everyone)

Look! Up in the sky! It's. . . It's. . . Oh, just an airplane. I don't have a cape. I can barely lift my spirits, let alone a train, but I keep plugging away.

As a line from one of my favorite animated movies says, “When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. Then, after a few days, the lemonade goes bad and turns to pig swill.”

I’m not a plumber, or a carpenter, or an accountant, (obviously, by looking at our home finances). Just a little bit of all of the above as a home owner, and a computer geek.

Losing my job sucks. Just another indicator that our economy has been run into the ground. I’m just as guilty as the next guy in that saving sucks compared to instant gratification, and/or in our case, paying for the latest therapy or supplement, trying to find the right combination of therapies/supplements to get our son a little closer to recovered.

On the bright side, the new administration is coming. Hopefully that means the chances for science and rational thought are looking up. Maybe. . .

At this point a little hope seems to have to go a long way.

Short post this time. Too busy trying to keep money in the pipeline, but wanted to post something.

No comments: